Are you ready to embrace your inner bohemian goddess but can't decide between boho braids or boho locs? Well, fret no more because we're here to help you make the right choice! Both of these trendy hairstyles have taken the world by storm, offering a unique and effortlessly chic look. Boho braids are known for their intricate and intricate designs that can be customized to suit your personal style. On the other hand, boho locs provide a more natural and carefree vibe, offering a low-maintenance option for those who want to rock the boho look without spending hours on styling. Whether you're attending a music festival, a beach getaway, or simply want to add some boho flair to your everyday life, we'll break down the pros and cons of each style to help you find the perfect match for your personality and lifestyle. So, let's dive in and explore the world of boho braids and boho locs to find out which one is the right fit for you!
Boho Braids & Styling Options
Boho braids, also known as bohemian braids or festival braids, originating from bohemian fashion and lifestyle, are popular hairstyles with intricate designs ranging from simple to complex patterns. To achieve boho braids, section your hair into smaller parts and weave them together. Use hair extensions for added length and thickness.
Once you have your boho braids in place, the styling options are endless. The braids can be left loose for a casual look or gathered into a high ponytail or bun for a more polished style. Add accessories like ribbons, scarves, or headbands to further elevate the boho vibe. Another popular styling option for boho braids is to create a half-up, half-down hairstyle, gather the top half of your hair and secure it with a hair tie or bobby pins, leaving the rest of your braids cascading down your back.
Boho Locs & Styling Options
Boho locs, or faux locs, imitate traditional dreadlocks but are temporary and can be easily removed without damaging natural hair. These locs are created by wrapping hair strands with synthetic or human hair extensions, giving the illusion of natural locs. To create boho locs, divide your hair into small sections and wrap each section with hair extensions. Although this process can take time, once the locs are applied, they require minimal maintenance.
The styling options are versatile and include leaving them loose for a relaxed bohemian look, or styling them into updos or braids. Accessories such as beads, charms, or hair cuffs can be added for a boho vibe. Experimenting with different braiding techniques is also possible with boho locs.
Pros of Boho Braids & Boho Locs
1. Offer a unique and eye-catching look that can instantly elevate your style and requires minimal maintenance.
2. Can be customized to suit your taste and style preferences, especially the boho locs that can be achieved without the commitment of traditional dreadlocks.
3. They are versatile and creative, and can be accessorized with beads, hair cuffs, etc for added bohemian flair.
4. Can last for several weeks or even months with proper care and maintenance, and also can be easily removed without causing damage to your natural hair.
Cons of Boho Braids & Boho Locs
1. Achieving/Removing intricate and complex boho braid &boho locs styles can be time-consuming and require patience, especially if you're doing it yourself.
2. Braiding tight or pulling on the hair too much/Wrapping the hair tightly may cause tension and potential damage.
3. They may not be suitable for all hair types or textures.
4. Maintaining and caring for boho braids & boho locs requires regular washing, conditioning, and moisturizing to prevent drying or breakage.
Factors to Consider
1. Style Preference: Consider the look you want to achieve and which style aligns with your taste and fashion choices. Do you prefer intricate boho braids or natural boho locs?
2. Time and Maintenance: Consider the amount of time and effort you're willing to spend on styling and keeping your hair. Boho braids may take more time and effort to create and maintain, while boho locs require less maintenance and styling.
3. Hair Type and Texture: Boho braids may work better for those with straight or wavy hair, while boho locs can be achieved on a wider range of hair types and textures.
4. Purpose: Consider the occasion or your lifestyle when choosing a boho hairstyle. Boho braids are great for music festivals or the beach, while boho locs may be the better option for everyday life since it requires minimal styling and maintenance.
5. Comfort: Choose a style that you can wear comfortably for an extended period. Some may find braids too tight or heavy, while others may find the weight of locs uncomfortable.
Celebrities Who Have Rocked Boho Braids or Boho Locs
Zoë Kravitz: The actress and singer has been known to rock various boho braided hairstyles, from intricate crown braids to loose and flowing braids.
Zendaya: Known for her bold and creative style choices, Zendaya has been spotted wearing both boho braids and boho locs on various red carpets and events.
Jhene Aiko: The singer and songwriter is often seen sporting boho locs, adding a touch of bohemian flair to her overall look.
Solange Knowles: Solange has been a long-time advocate for natural hair and has experimented with both boho braids and boho locs, showcasing their versatility and beauty.
Lupita Nyong'o: The Academy Award-winning actress has embraced her African roots by rocking stunning boho braided hairstyles on many occasions.
Ultimately, the choice between these two trendy hairstyles comes down to your personal style preference, lifestyle, and comfort level. Boho braids offer a more intricate and customizable look, while boho locs are natural, low-maintenance, versatile, and easy to style. Embrace your inner bohemian goddess with confidence and flair, no matter which style you choose!